- CASFM awards $1,000 to development of Thompson Watershed Group - CASFM 2014 Big Thompson River Restoration Coalition Acceptance Letter (.pdf) CASFM: Colorado Association of Stormwater and Floodplain Managers Grant Application Thompson Watershed Formation CASFM (.pdf) “John Giordanengo submitted a grant (see attached) to CASFM, requesting funds to support the formation of a watershed-scale organization. Gordon supported this grant on behalf … Continue reading
- Mar 10-12, 2015: 2015 HAR-CeRSER Joint Conference. - The High Altitude Revegetation (HAR) Workshop and Central Rockies Chapter of the Society for Ecological Restoration 2015 Conference: High Altitude Restoration Science and Practice March 10-12, 2015 Colorado State University Lory Student Center, Fort Collins Colorado. Registration opens mid-November. High Alititude Revegetation Program Colorado State University
- Larimer County Irrigation and Ditch Company Directory - From the Larimer County Engineering Department: Larimer County Irrigation and Ditch Company Directory (external link) Index of Ditches Index of Companies Contact information for each one Diagram of diversions in the Big Thompson Watershed from CWCB
- St. Vrain-Left Hand water district director appeals for federal flood-recovery tax relief - From the November 21, 2014 Longmont Times-Call: “The St. Vrain and Left Hand Water Conservancy District’s director appealed to federal lawmakers this week for tax relief for the ditch and reservoir companies that had to rebuild their water delivery and storage systems in the aftermath of the devastating September 2013 … Continue reading
- Diagram of Ditch Diversions on the Big Thompson Watershed - See also Larimer County Directory of Ditch Companies and Contacts From the Colorado Water Conservation Board (CWCB) Division 1 Events and Links page. There you will find information about the ditches and other diversions from the Big Thompson and other rivers in the Big Thompson Watershed, as well as other … Continue reading
- Dec 1: Watershed Resilience Pilot Program Program Applications Available - The State amends the approved Action Plan to include funding for a Watershed Resilience Pilot Program. The Watershed Resilience Pilot Program is a holistic program designed to provide watershed restoration, risk mitigation and community and economic development using a collaborative, coalition-of-partners approach. There is an immediate need to focus on … Continue reading
- Dec 3 – 5 Society of Range Management Annual Meeting - Colorado is no stranger to ground disturbance. However, the last 24 months have brought a surplus of ground disturbing events to the state. From grass killing drought, to creek re-routing floods, to forest denuding fires, Mother Nature has assaulted the land from all sides. In response, the Colorado Section of … Continue reading
- Gov. Hickenlooper announces federal approval on state action plan for $199.3 million in recovery funds - Gov. Hickenlooper announces federal approval on state action plan for $199.3 million in recovery funds DENVER — Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2014 — Gov. John Hickenlooper announced today that the state’s most recent action plan for disbursements of recovery funds has been approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban … Continue reading
- US Army Corps of Engineers: Management Measures Library - Many down-to-earth, practical projects to restore your part of the river, a lot of the emphasis is on fish habitat. In Search, select Rivers and Streams. The purpose of this site is to identify and describe examples of selected ecosystem engineering features or management measures and their components. This site … Continue reading
- Winter Weed Workshops Nov 19, Nov 22, Dec 2, 2014 - Presented by The Big Thompson Conservation District Prepare now for 2015 weed management with: Weed identification and elimination techniques Information on organic and chemical treatments Colorado weed management guides to take home Best practices for seeding and re- vegetation ***Door prizes and Refreshments*** ￼Please select one of the following workshops … Continue reading
We’ve created a page on this site for Road Construction Updates, both Highway 34 in the Big Thompson Canyon, and Larimer County 43 along the North Fork of the Big Thompson.
Forming a Greater Thompson Watershed Non-Profit
“There is support among the primary local agencies and coalitions in the “Thompson Watershed” to move forward with the development of a 501(c)(3) organization to provide fundraising, planning, and implementation of watershed and river restoration activities in the Big Thompson, Little Thompson, North Fork (including its tributaries), Fish Creek, Fall River, Upper Big Thompson, Black Canyon, and Buckhorn Creek drainages.
Once we have a more firm outline of the organizations mission, goals, etc. we will invite a larger stakeholder group to the table to facilitate a meaningful input process to finalize the organizational structure, mission, etc. We’ll discuss this more at our first meeting.” – John Giordanengo
Looking for something you recently saw on this page? It’s still here on the site – poke around. Easiest is to search the site using the Search box upper right.
Tracking In-Kind Match Data
Big Thompson River Coalition Meetings
If you have more downed trees, large boulders, or dirt than you can use, there might be someone who would like to have them. More info: Materials Exchange
More information: John Giordanengo firstname.lastname@example.org Or Call: 970-420-7346
BTRRC Mission and Goals on our Contact page.